Our SugarRoti Turmeric lemon tea cake is a dessert feast for your eyes and your table.
The turmeric in our delicious SugarRoti Gold Milk Nu Spice blend helps to treat inflammation, improve your mood and can even help you sleep better. Always say yes to dessert when made with SugarRoti Gold Milk Nu Spice.
- 1 SugarRoti Gold Milk Nu Spice Package
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 lemons
- 1 cup granulated sugar, plus 2 tablespoons for sprinkling
- ¾ cup sour cream (or non-dairy alternative)
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- Whipped cream
Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly grease a 4x9 inch loaf pan and set aside.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder and SugarRoti Gold Milk Nu Spice package in a large bowl. (2-5 min).
- Grate 2 tablespoons zest from 1 lemon into a medium bowl and juice the lemon into another separate below. Thinly slice second lemon and set aside. Whisk lemon zest with sugar, sour cream, eggs and lemon juice until combined. (8-10 min).
- Mix wet ingredients with dry ingredients and fold in the butter. Pour into loaf pan. Top with sliced lemon, sprinkle with sugar and bake (50 min).
*Leftovers can be refrigerated up to 3 days or frozen