Historically in the US, tuna salad has been about convenience and economy. Its roots are in the post–Industrial Revolution convenience foods: canned tuna, pre-sliced bread and mayonnaise. While honoring the past, we’ve transformed this humble American dish by adding our SugarRoti Fish Nu blend. You only need 5 ingredients and 4 simple steps to create SugarRoti Tuna Fish Salad, a balance of flavor, layered spice and heat that must be tasted to be believed.
Enjoy on sliced ciabatta, sourdough or any bread of your choice, over a bed of greens, with a roti (also known as chapati – a round flatbread from India) or by itself.
- 1 SugarRoti Fish Nu Spice Package
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or ghee (clarified butter)
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped (approx. 2 cups)
- 1 5 oz can tuna, drained
- ½ cup mayo
- ¼ cup celery, chopped
- 1 medium serrano chili, finely chopped (remove seeds for a milder spice)
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoon capers
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add SugarRoti Fish Nu Spice package and sauté until spices are sizzling and fragrant (1-2 min).
- Add onions and serrano and sauté until onions are tender (4-5 min).
- Transfer onion mixture to a large bowl and allow to cool (5-7).
- Mix in tuna, mayo, celery, parsley, capers and serve.
*Leftovers can be refrigerated up to 3 days or frozen