Our SugarRoti Sweet Potato and Spinach is a combination of just a few, simple healthy ingredients that together with our SugarRoti Vegetable Nu Spice blend becomes incredible Indian dish. The heft of spinach, the texture and taste of the sweet potatoes and the balanced spice and heat of our SugarRoti Vegetable Nu Spice blend creates an alchemy of tastes that is absolutely delicious.
Make this dish vegan by using olive oil instead of ghee (clarified butter).
Only 4 ingredients, 4 steps and ready in less than an hour, this is an economical, complex vegetarian dish that has layers of taste and texture and just enough heat.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes skin-on, cut into 1-inch cubes (approx. 2 cups)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or ghee (clarified butter)
- 1 SugarRoti Vegetable Nu Spice Package
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped (approx. 2 cups)
- 2 cups water (or your favorite broth)
- 2 bunches spinach, chopped (approx. 4 cups)
- 1 medium serrano chili, finely chopped (remove seeds for a milder spice)
- sour cream or yogurt, to taste
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add SugarRoti Vegetable Nu Spice package and sauté until spices are sizzling and fragrant (1-2 min).
- Add onion, serrano and sauté until onions are tender (4-5 min).
- Add potatoes and water. Stir to combine and simmer, covered until potatoes are tender. Stir in spinach and sauté until soft (15-25 min).
- Remove chili pepper, stir in sour cream or yogurt and garnish with cilantro before serving.
*Leftovers can be refrigerated up to 3 days or frozen