Sweet, savory, healthy and so so delicious. Serve our SugarRoti Sweet and Savory Tofu with Soba Noodles hot or cold. So versatile! Our Tofu Nu Spice transforms these simple ingredients into a symphony of craveable taste sensations. This vegan recipe can be your main dish at dinner or serve as a side, so you have left-overs for the next day – breakfast anyone? This beautiful dish is on the table in under an hour, with only 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Did someone say: “Let’s travel to Japan tonight?”
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or ghee (clarified butter)
- 1 SugarRoti Tofu Nu Spice Package
- 1 8 oz package buckwheat soba noodles (you can also use whole wheat spaghetti)
- 1 14 oz package extra firm tofu, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 bunch green onions, white and green separated, cut into ½ inch sections and then cut lengthwise
- 1/3 cup soy sauce or tamari
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 medium serrano chili, finely chopped (remove seeds for a milder spice)
- 1 large cucumber, thinly sliced
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Wrap tofu in paper towel and press between 2 plates to remove excess water. Bring a large pot of salted water to boil for noodles
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Crisp tofu in a single layer, in batches, until all sides are golden brown. A non-stick skillet is ideal for browning the tofu. Transfer to a plate and set aside (8-10 min).
- While tofu is browning, drop noodles in the boiling water and cook until just al dente. Drain and rinse in cold water. (5 min).
- Heat remaining oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add SugarRoti Tofu Nu Spice Package and sauté until spices are sizzling and fragrant (1-2 min).
- Add white of green onion, serrano and sauté until soft. Combine noodles, soy sauce, sugar and water. Gently fold in the tofu (10 min).
- Remove chili pepper, top with sliced cucumber, radish, cilantro before serving.
*Leftovers can be refrigerated up to 3 days or frozen