SugarRoti offers you pot roast truly from the pot! Our Tomato Braised Pot Roast is made using our delicious SugarRoti Beef Nu spice and so easy straight from your slow cooker. Add your favorite greens on the side and some warm crusty french bread and you have an easy satisfying meal. Never go back to traditional American pot roast again.
You can also enjoy with rice, quinoa, couscous, or with a roti (also known as chapati – a round flatbread from India).
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1 can tomato paste (6 oz)
- 1 SugarRoti Beef Nu Spice Package
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 lb boneless beef chuck
- 1 medium serrano chili, finely chopped (remove seeds for a milder spice)
- sour cream or yogurt, to taste
- ¼ cup basil, finely chopped
Slow Cooker Recipe
- Whisk wine and tomato paste in a large slow cooker. Stir SugarRoti Beef Nu Spice package, carrot and onion. Add beef and cook (4 hours on high or 8 hours on low heat).
- Remove bay leaves, cardamom pods, cinnamon sticks, and cloves. Stir in sour cream or yogurt and garnish with basil before serving.
*Leftovers can be refrigerated up to 3 days or frozen