A smoky and savory authentic Indian curry recipe, made even better with the layered spice, flavor and balanced heat of our SugarRoti Fish Nu Spice blend. SugarRoti Shrimp Curry is so easy to prepare with 4 steps, 4 healthy, fresh ingredients and on the table in under an hour.
Enjoy over rice, quinoa, couscous, greens, with a roti (also known as chapati – a round flatbread from India) or by itself.
- 1 SugarRoti Fish Nu Spice Package
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or ghee (clarified butter)
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped (approx. 2 cups)
- 1 medium tomato, finely chopped (approx. 1 cup)
- 1 ½ lbs shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ½ cup water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 medium serrano chili, finely chopped (remove seeds for a milder spice)
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add SugarRoti Fish Nu Spice package and sauté until spices are sizzling and fragrant (1-2 min).
- Add onions and serrano. Sauté until onions are tender. Add tomatoes and stir, scraping bottom of pan (4-5 min).
- Add shrimp and water. Simmer until shrimp is tender and cooked (5-7 min).
- Sprinkle with lemon juice and garnish with cilantro before serving.
*Leftovers can be refrigerated up to 3 days or frozen