When it comes to shellfish, oysters used to get all the glory – not anymore! Scallops seared in butter, sautéed with shallots, wine, cream, basil and the perfect balance of taste and spice from SugarRoti’s Fish Nu Spice - an American dinner made in heaven. This simple, beautiful dinner is perfect for a special occasion, or when you just want to indulge in a quick, easy and delicious meal just because you deserve it. Look no further than SugarRoti’s Seared Scallops with Basil Cream sauce. Only 6 ingredients, 6 steps and this beautiful dish is on the table in just 45 minutes.
Enjoy with a warm loaf of bread or baguette to soak up the delicious sauce, over rice, quinoa, couscous, or greens, with a roti (also known as chapati – a round flatbread from India) or by itself.
- 1 SugarRoti Fish Nu Spice Package
- 4 tablespoons butter or ghee (clarified butter)
- 1 lb sea scallops (approx. 14 scallops - pat dry before cooking)
- 1 medium shallot, finely chopped (approx. 1/2 cup)
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 20-25 basil leaves, cut into thin ribbons
- 1 medium serrano chili, sliced or finely chopped (remove seeds for a milder spice)
- Heat 2 tablespoons ghee or butter in medium skillet saucepan over medium-high heat. Add scallops and brown on both sides but not cooked through. Remove to a warm plate, reserving the juice and set aside (6-8 min).
- Heat remaining ghee or butter in skillet over medium heat. Add SugarRoti Fish Nu Spice Package and sauté until spices are sizzling and fragrant (1-2 min).
- Add shallots and serrano, sauté until shallots soften (5 min).
- Raise to medium-high heat, add wine and cook until reduced to half; add cream and cook until the sauce thickens (5-10 min).
- Return the scallops and reserved juice to the pan, stir in 3/4 of the basil and cook until the scallops are just firm (2-5 min).
- Transfer to serving dishes, spoon over the remaining sauce, garnish with the remaining basil and enjoy.
*Leftovers can be refrigerated up to 3 days or frozen