Scrambled egg curry - a humble but oh so satisfying dish made extraordinary by adding our SugarRoti Scrambled Egg Nu Spice blend. There is nothing better than a warm plate of Indian scrambled egg curry prepared with a few simple, fresh ingredients. This is a healthy comforting breakfast to start your day, an easy, no-fuss dinner for friends and family or even a delicious and elegant appetizer served on crostini.
With only 4 ingredients, 4 easy steps and ready in under an hour - SugarRoti Scrambled Egg Curry will become a regular go-to dish.
Enjoy over toasted crostini, with a roti (also known as chapati – a round flatbread from India) or by itself.
- 1 SugarRoti Scrambled Egg Nu Spice Package
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or ghee (clarified butter)
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped (approx. 2 cups)
- 1 medium tomato, finely chopped (approx. 1 cup)
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1 medium serrano chili, finely chopped (remove the seeds for a milder spice)
- ¼ cup fresh chives, finely chopped
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add SugarRoti Scrambled Egg Nu Spice package and sauté until spices are sizzling and fragrant (1-2 min).
- Add onions, tomatoes and serrano. Sauté until tender (4-5 min).
- Add eggs and scramble (3-7 min).
- Garnish with chives before serving.
*Leftovers can be refrigerated up to 3 days or frozen