Italy meets India in this delicious bridge between culinary worlds. A Northern Italian staple, polenta was a humble Italian peasant food, a simple satisfying dish. We’ve gotten creative and combined polenta with the layered flavor, spices and balanced heat of our delicious SugarRoti Potato Cauliflower Nu Spice to create a truly unique and delicious experience. SugarRoti Savory Polenta is so easy to make with only 6 ingredients and 4 steps, it's on the table in under an hour.
- 1 SugarRoti Potato Cauliflower Nu Spice Package
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or ghee (clarified butter)
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped (approx. 2 cups)
- 1 medium tomato, finely chopped (approx. 1 cup)
- 4 cups water (we prefer vegetable broth, but your favorite broth will do)
- 1 cup polenta
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated (make it vegan - use non-dairy alternative)
- 1 medium serrano chili, finely chopped (remove the seeds for a milder spice)
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add SugarRoti Potato Cauliflower Nu Spice package and sauté until spices are sizzling and fragrant (1-2 min).
- Add onions and serrano. Sauté until onions are tender (4-5 min).
- Add tomato and sauté for 5 minutes. Add water and bring to boil while continually whisking in the polenta. Simmer while stirring constantly and scraping the bottom (15-20 min).
- Remove from heat and remove chili pepper. Stir in butter and cheese before serving.
*Leftovers can be refrigerated up to 3 days or frozen