This traditional vegetarian Indian dish - saag paneer can be made within an hour with our SugarRoti Tofu Nu Spice. Once you make it with SugarRoti Tofu Nu Spice, you will never go back to measuring spices!
Enjoy over rice, quinoa, couscous, with a roti (also known as chapati – a round flatbread from India) or by itself.
- 12 oz paneer, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 tablespoons olive oil or ghee (clarified butter)
- 1 SugarRoti Tofu Nu Spice Package
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped (approx. 2 cups)
- 1 16 oz frozen spinach, finely chopped
- ½ cup water
- 1 medium serrano chili, finely chopped (remove seeds for a milder spice)
- sour cream or yogurt, to taste
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil and brown the paneer on all sides (5 min) .
- Heat remaining oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add SugarRoti Tofu Nu Spice package and sauté until spices are sizzling and fragrant (1-2 min).
- Add onion, serrano and sauté until tender. Stir in spinach, water and sauté scraping bottom of pan. Add paneer and gently toss (8-10 min).
- Remove chili pepper. Stir in sour cream or yogurt and garnish with cilantro before serving.
*Leftovers can be refrigerated up to 3 days or frozen