A great burger doesn’t always need meat! Trying a Meatless Monday? We have the perfect option with SugarRoti's delicious and satisfying American vegetarian Black Bean Burgers. These burgers are not to be believed – topped with chopped tomato, , a splash of lime and paired with roasted new potatoes. Our SugarRoti Black Bean Burgers are amazing for dinner or any time you want to deliver a Nu, healthy taste sensation and a meal you’ll be making again and again. Meatless Monday’s will be your favorite day of the week! Make these delicious burgers vegan by using olive oil and a non-dairy cheese alternative, or skip the cheese – they’re still amazing.
- 1 SugarRoti Lentil Nu Spice Package
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or ghee (clarified butter)
- 1 pound small new potatoes, cut in half (or more to taste)
- 1 15.5 oz can black beans, drained
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped (approx. 2 cups) (reserve ½ cup for the salsa)
- 8 oz mushrooms, finely chopped
- ½ cup Panko breadcrumbs (or any favorite breadcrumbs)
- 4 slices sharp white cheddar cheese (we like a good sharp cheddar, but any favorite cheese will work)
- 4 hamburger buns, sliced (we like Brioche buns, but any of your favorite hamburger bun will do)
- 1 medium serrano chili, finely chopped (remove seeds for a milder spice)
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1 ripe avocado, cut into small pieces
- 1 lime, cut in half to squeeze into salsa
Preheat Oven to 400°F
- Mix potatoes with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and 1 tablespoon of SugarRoti Lentil Nu Spice. Spread in an even layer on one half of a large oiled or non-stick baking sheet, leaving room for the black bean patties and set aside (5 min).
- Heat remaining oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add remaining SugarRoti Lentil Nu Spice package and sauté until spices are sizzling and fragrant (1-2 min).
- Add onions and serrano. Sauté until onions are tender. Add mushrooms and sauté until cooked (5-8 min).
- Mix black beans. Cover and simmer until the beans are soft (5 min).
- Remove chili pepper and curry leaves, transfer to a large bowl, add breadcrumbs and mash the mixture together. Cool slightly and form into 4 patties, place on oiled baking sheet with the prepared potatoes and bake, adding the cheese for the last few minutes to melt and the sliced buns to warm (15 min).
- Meanwhile, make the salsa in a medium bowl, mixing reserved onion and tomatoes, drizzle with lime juice (5 min).
- Place roasted bean burgers on each bun, top with salsa and chopped avocado, press the top of the bun down lightly and enjoy with roasted potato.
*Leftovers can be refrigerated up to 3 days or frozen