French Provencal cooking meets the best of Indian (Gujarati) spices in our original take on classic French Ratatouille. In under an hour you will have a delicious SugarRoti Ratatouille that combines the best of both culinary traditions to create an amazing, healthy and unique taste experience.
Simple, fresh vegetables, roasted and sautéed with our delicious Tofu Nu Spice blend creates a beautiful, healthy, savory SugarRoti Ratatouille dish that is amazing on its own. Or, try it on your favorite flatbread for an even more creative update to this timeless dish.
Make this dish vegan by using olive oil instead of ghee (clarified butter).
- 4 tablespoons olive oil or ghee (clarified butter)
- 1 small eggplant, cut into ½-inch cubes (approx. 3 cups)
- 1 medium yellow squash, cut into ½-inch cubes (approx. 1 cup)
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into ½-inch cubes (approx. 1 cup)
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into ½-inch cubes (approx. 1 cup)
- 1 SugarRoti Tofu Nu Spice Package
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped (approx. 2 cups)
- 1 24.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
Preheat Oven to 375°F
- Toss eggplant, yellow squash, zucchini and red bell pepper in 2 tablespoons of oil. Spread in an even layer on a baking sheet and roast until lightly browned (10-15 min). Set aside.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons of oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add SugarRoti Tofu Nu Spice package and sauté until spices are sizzling and fragrant (1-2 min).
- Add onions and diced tomatoes. Sauté until onions are tender (4-5 min).
- Mix in roasted vegetables and sauté to blend. Remove chili pepper and garnish with fresh basil before serving (3-5 min).
*Leftovers can be refrigerated up to 3 days or frozen