SugarRoti has reinvented the classic French quiche with the addition of our wildly delicious Scrambled Egg Nu Spice blend. The classic French ingredients coupled with the unique flavors and layered spice and heat of our Scrambled Egg Nu spice blend, creates a truly amazing taste experience. Who knew a quiche could be so wildly delicious?
- 1 9-inch pie crust (we like to use prepared frozen crust)
- 1 SugarRoti Scrambled Egg Nu Spice Package
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or ghee (clarified butter)
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped (approx. 2 cups)
- 4 oz bacon, cut into ½-inch pieces
- ½ cup gruyere cheese, shredded (any of your favorite shredded cheese will do)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 6 large eggs
- 1 medium serrano chili, finely chopped (remove seeds for a milder taste)
- ¼ cup fresh thyme, chopped
Preheat Oven to 375°F
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add SugarRoti Scrambled Eggs Nu Spice package and sauté until spices are sizzling and fragrant (1-2 min).
- Add onion, bacon, serrano and sauté until bacon is cooked and any excess liquid has evaporated (10-20 min).
- Unroll pie crust and press into a 9-inch pie dish, spread the onion mixture in the bottom of the crust and sprinkle with cheese. Whisk together eggs and cream in a medium bowl until combined. Pour the cream mixture over the filling in the crust and top with thyme (5 min).
- Bake the quiche on a baking sheet until golden (20-30 min).
*Leftovers can be refrigerated up to 3 days or frozen