Warm Indian chai spices and pumpkin blended beautifully together in our twist on the American seasonal classic – SugarRoti Pumpkin Chai Pie! Next time you open a can of pumpkin, add our delightful Chai Nu Spice to create our delicious SugarRoti Pumpkin Chai Pie - no more hunting for spices. This easy, pumpkin pie is perfect for the holiday dessert table! Serve with whipped cream.
- 1 SugarRoti Chai Nu Spice Package
- 2 cups canned pumpkin
- 1 1/2 cups condensed milk
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 2 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 9 inch pie crust (make from scratch or make it easy and buy pre-made!)
Preparation:Preheat Oven to 400ºF
- If you're making your own crust, roll out the pie dough into a 12-inch round. Gently place the dough in the pan and trim or crimp the edges (30 min).
- Pour the SugarRoti Chai Nu Spice into a small food processor and pulse or use a mortar and pestle to grind the tea into powder (5 min).
- In a large bowl, combine the pumpkin, condensed milk, eggs, brown sugar, vanilla and the powdered SugarRoti Chai Nu Spice; blend on medium speed until well-combined, about 2 minutes (10 min).
- Pour the filling into the prepared pie crust and bake for 15 minutes; reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake for additional 50 minutes or until the edges are set and the center is done but still a little bit wobbly (65 min).
Cool on a wire rack for about an hour; serve with fresh whipped cream.