SugarRoti Potato & Cauliflower Curry, also known as aloo gobi masala or cauliflower potato curry, is a traditional Indian (Gujarati) curry. This truly simple, delicious comfort food uses our SugarRoti Potato Cauliflower Nu Spice blend, 4 fresh ingredients and 4 simple steps. You’ll have a timeless and delicious one-pot SugarRoti Potato Cauliflower Curry in less than an hour. Make this dish vegan by using olive oil instead of ghee (clarified butter).
Enjoy over rice, quinoa, couscous, with a roti (also known as chapati – a round flatbread from India) or by itself.
- 1 SugarRoti Potato Cauliflower Nu Spice Package
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or ghee (clarified butter)
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped (approx. 2 cups)
- 2 medium potatoes skin-on, cut into ½-inch cubes (approx. 3 cups) (soak potatoes in 2 cups of water, drain before using)
- 3 cups cauliflower, cut into ½-inch florets
- 2 cups water (or your favorite broth)
- 1 medium serrano chili, finely chopped (remove the seeds for a milder spice)
- sour cream or yogurt, to taste
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add SugarRoti Potato Cauliflower Nu Spice package and sauté until spices are sizzling and fragrant (1-2 min).
- Add onions and serrano. Sauté until onions are tender (4-5 min).
- Add potatoes and water. Simmer covered until potatoes are almost done. Add cauliflower and simmer uncovered until both are tender and fully cooked (15-20 min).
- Remove chili pepper. Stir in sour cream or yogurt and garnish with chopped cilantro before serving.
*Leftovers can be refrigerated up to 3 days or frozen