What is better on a cold night than a delicious, warm cheesy casserole? Nothing! SugarRoti’s Potato Cauliflower & Cheddar Bake will be your favorite go-to cold weather casserole. We’ve combined our wildly delicious Potato and Cauliflower Nu Spice blend with cauliflower and potatoes and topped it all with Panko breadcrumbs and melted cheddar cheese to create this mouth-watering American potato, cauliflower & cheddar bake.
Make this dish vegan by using olive oil instead of ghee (clarified butter) and a cheese alternative.
- 1 SugarRoti Potato Cauliflower Nu Spice Package
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or ghee (clarified butter)
- 2 medium potatoes skin-on, cut into ½-inch cubes (approx. 3 cups) (soak potatoes in 2 cups of water; drain before using)
- 3 cups cauliflower, cut into ¼-inch florets
- ½ cup water (or your favorite broth)
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (make it vegan - use non-dairy alternative)
- 1 medium serrano chili, finely chopped (remove seeds for a milder spice)
- sour cream or yogurt, to taste
- ¼ cup Panko breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
Preheat Oven to 400°F
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add SugarRoti Potato Cauliflower Nu Spice package and sauté until spices are sizzling and fragrant (1-2 min).
- Add potatoes, cauliflower, water, serrano, cover and simmer (8-10 min).
- Remove chili pepper, stir sour cream or yogurt and transfer mixture to a 13x9-inch baking dish.
- Spread shredded cheese and Panko in an even layer, bake until cheese is bubbling. Garnish with cilantro before serving (15-20 min).
*Leftovers can be refrigerated up to 3 days or frozen