SugarRoti’s take on aloo gobi masala, a traditional Indian (Gujarati) potato and cauliflower curry turned into a healthy and hearty soup. Using only 5 fresh ingredients and in 5 steps you get SugarRoti Potato, Cauliflower & Broccoli Soup. A truly simple and delicious comfort food made even better using our SugarRoti Potato Cauliflower Nu Spice blend.
Make this dish vegan by using olive oil instead of ghee (clarified butter).
- 1 SugarRoti Potato Cauliflower Nu Spice Package
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or ghee (clarified butter)
- 2 medium potatoes skin-on, cut into ½-inch cubes (approx. 3 cups) (soak cut potatoes in 2 cups of water; drain before using)
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped (approx. 2 cups)
- 2 cups cauliflower, cut into ¼-inch florets
- 2 cups broccoli, cut into ¼-inch florets
- 4 cups water (or your favorite broth)
- 1 medium serrano chili, finely chopped (remove seeds for a milder spice)
- sour cream or yogurt, to taste
- 2 springs of fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add SugarRoti Potato Cauliflower Nu Spice package and sauté until spices are sizzling and fragrant (1-2 min).
- Add onions, serrano and sauté until tender (4-5 min).
- Add potatoes, cauliflower, broccoli and water. Bring to a boil then lower heat and simmer, covered, until potatoes are tender (20-30 min).
- Remove pot from heat and remove chili pepper. Using an immersion blender or blend in batches, puree until smooth (5 min).
- Stir in sour cream or yogurt and garnish with a sprinkle of rosemary before serving.
*Leftovers can be refrigerated up to 3 days or frozen