Looking for an easy taco recipe? 5 simple ingredients and you will wow your guests with SugarRoti Pork Tacos. We have given classic Mexican tacos a modern twist by adding the unique Indian flavor and spice profile of our SugarRoti Pork Nu Spice. A truly remarkable combination of Ajwain, Asofoedita, Chili Pepper, Coriander, Cumin, Garam Masala, Garlic, Ginger, Sea Salt, and Turmeric brings unexpected layers of delicious to this crowd-pleaser.
This dish can be easily prepared in the slow cooker or Instant Pot for a tender mouth-watering pulled pork.
Vegan? Substitute pork with jackfruit for the perfect texture with all the flavor.
Serve with corn or flour tortillas or lighten them up with fresh leafy greens. Don't forget to add all of the toppings!
- 1 SugarRoti Pork Nu Spice Package
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or ghee (clarified butter)
- 3/4 cup water or ½ cup water if using slow cooker (or your favorite broth)
- 1 lb pork, (we like pork shoulder, but your favorite cut will work great; ask your butcher to cube meat)
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped (approx. 2 cups)
- 8 Taco shell
- 1 medium serrano chili, finely chopped (remove seeds for a milder spice)
- sour cream or yogurt, to taste
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add SugarRoti Pork Nu Spice Package and sauté until spices are sizzling and fragrant (1-2 min).
- Add onions and cook until tender. Add pork, water, cover and simmer until pork is cooked (30 min).
- Remove chili pepper and, using a fork, shred the pork.
- Spoon pork onto taco shell, top with cheese, cilantro, sour cream and serve.
Slow Cooker Recipe
- In a slow cooker, add SugarRoti Pork Nu Spice package, oil, water, pork, onions and serrano. Cook on medium/high heat until pork is tender (3-4 hours).
- Follow steps 3 and 4 above.
*Leftovers can be refrigerated up to 3 days or frozen