This simple Italian dish with ordinary ingredients is made extraordinary with the addition of SugarRoti Pork Nu Spice.
Enjoy over spaghetti or zucchini noodles.
- 1 SugarRoti Pork Nu Spice Package
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or ghee (clarified butter)
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped (approx. 2 cups)
- 2 bunches spinach, chopped (approx. 4 cups)
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 cup Panko
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 medium serrano chili, finely chopped (remove seeds for a milder spice)
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add SugarRoti Pork Nu Spice package and sauté until spices are sizzling and fragrant (1-2 min).
- Add onions and serrano. Sauté until onions are tender (4-5 min).
- Add pork and stir, scraping the bottom of pan until cooked through. Add spinach and stir until wilted. Remove pepper and transfer pork mixture to a bowl. Mix in Panko and form into 24 meatballs (30-40 min).
- Add tomato sauce to the saucepan over medium heat. Once sauce is bubbling, gently fold in meatballs. Garnish with cilantro and serve.