Pork curry, meet Mexico. SugarRoti’s interpretation of pork enchiladas combines the best of traditional Mexican ingredients with the taste and layered spice and heat of our SugarRoti Pork Nu Spice blend to create a truly unique, wildly delicious taste sensation - SugarRoti Pork Enchiladas!
- 1 SugarRoti Pork Nu Spice Package
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or ghee (clarified butter)
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped (approx. 2 cups)
- 1 lb pork cut into ½-inch cubes (we like pork shoulder, but any cut will work great; ask your butcher to trim fat and cut into cubes)
- 2 bunches spinach, chopped (approx. 4 cups)
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 16 oz can enchilada sauce
- 8 corn tortillas
- ½ cup olives, sliced
- 1 medium serrano chili, finely chopped (remove seeds for a milder spice)
- sour cream or yogurt
Preheat Oven to 375°F
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add SugarRoti Pork Nu Spice package and sauté until spices are sizzling and fragrant (1-2 min).
- Add onions, serrano and sauté until tender. Mix in pork, spinach and simmer until meat is cooked. Remove chili pepper. Set aside until ready to assemble (8-15 min) (filing can be made ahead).
- Spread ¼ cup of enchilada sauce on the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish. Divide pork filling evenly among the 8 tortillas and roll into tubes. Arrange filled tortillas in baking dish, seam-side down. Pour remaining enchilada sauce over rolled tortillas and top with cheese and olives (10 min).
- Bake until sauce is bubbling and cheese is melted (18-20 min). Garnish with sour cream or yogurt and guacamole before serving
*Leftovers can be refrigerated up to 3 days or frozen