We’ve combined our SugarRoti Kichiri (khichdi) Nu Spice blend with mushrooms and risotto, creating a trifecta of taste and spice. SugarRoti’s Mushroom Risotto needs only 7 healthy ingredients and 5 steps to create a creamy, savory and wildly satisfying dish. Italian risotto flavors made better together with a SugarRoti Kichiri Nu Spice twist. Make this dish vegan by using olive oil instead of ghee (clarified butter) and a cheese alternative.
- 4 cups vegetable broth (or your favorite broth)
- 1 SugarRoti Kichiri Nu Spice Package
- 5 tablespoons oil or ghee (clarified butter)
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped (approx. 2 cups)
- ½ lb button mushrooms, sliced (approx. 1 cup) (or a combination of any of your favorite mushrooms)
- 1 cup arborio rice
- ¼ cup white wine
- ½ cup freshly grated parmesan
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, bring broth to a simmer. Reduce heat to low.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of oil, in a large pot over medium heat. Add SugarRoti Kichiri Nu Spice package and sauté until spices are sizzling and fragrant (1-2 min).
- Add onion, mushrooms and cook until soft and golden. Remove mixture from pot and set aside (5-8 min).
- Add remaining oil and rice, stirring quickly. Cook until the grains are well-coated. Add wine and cook until wine has mostly absorbed. With a ladle, add about 1 cup of hot broth. Stirring often, cook until the rice has absorbed most of the liquid. Add remaining broth 1 cup at a time, allowing the rice to absorb each additional cup of broth. Stir often and cook until risotto is al dente and creamy (40-60 min).
- Add mushroom mixture to the rice and stir in parmesan. Garnish with parsley and serve.
*Leftovers can be refrigerated up to 3 days or frozen