While there is no one right way to create a meatloaf, we think our SugarRoti Meatloaf is the *best* way. We’ve transformed the humble American meatloaf into an inspired taste sensation with our SugarRoti Beef Nu Spice blend, adding layers of carefully curated aromatic spice and taste to deliver amazing flavor. With only 8 simple ingredients and 4 steps, you will have a truly inspired dinner. And our SugarRoti Meat Loaf makes an incredible sandwich the next day for lunch or dinner.
Enjoy with potatoes, rice, quinoa, couscous, with a roti (also known as chapati – a round flatbread from India) or some warm crusty French bread.
- 2 ½ lbs lean ground beef
- ½ cup Worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup breadcrumbs (if you don’t have breadcrumbs, use rolled oats like Quaker Oats)
- 1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes, ¼ cup reserved and set aside
- 1 SugarRoti Beef Nu Spice Package
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or ghee (clarified butter)
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped (approx. 1 ½ cups)
- 1 small red bell pepper, finely chopped (approx. 1 ½ cups)
- ½ cup finely diced celery
- 1 medium serrano chili, finely chopped (remove seeds for a milder spice)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine beef, Worcestershire sauce, chopped tomatoes, breadcrumbs and set aside (5 min).
- In a medium saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add SugarRoti Beef Nu Spice package and sauté until spices are sizzling and fragrant (1-2 min).
- Add onions, red bell pepper, celery and serrano sauté until tender (5 min).
- Remove from heat and remove bay leaves, cardamom pods, cinnamon sticks, cloves and combine with meat. Form into oval loaf on a sheet pan, or in a loaf pan, make a small trough lengthwise and pour the reserved diced tomatoes lengthwise along the loaf. Bake and serve (50 min).
*Leftovers can be refrigerated up to 3 days or frozen