Autumn and winter is the time for cooking creatively with squash! Perfectly roasted acorn squash coupled with tender lamb perfectly seasoned with SugarRoti Lamb Nu Spice. We have bridged this traditional Indian and American dish - a deceptively simple recipe delivers an elegant presentation of a seasonal favorite. Enjoy with rice, quinoa, couscous.
- 2 medium acorn squashes, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or ghee (clarified butter)
- 1 SugarRoti Lamb Nu Spice Package
- 1 lb ground lamb
- ¼ cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 medium serrano chili, sliced or finely chopped (remove seeds for a milder spice)
- sour cream or yogurt, to taste
- ¼ cup fresh mint, finely chopped
- Brush squashes with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Roast until tender and lightly toasted (20-30 min).
- While the squash is roasting, heat remaining oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add SugarRoti Lamb Nu Spice package and sauté until spices are sizzling and fragrant (1-2 min).
- Add lamb and serrano. Sauté until lamb is cooked, scraping bottom of pan. (15-20 min).
- Remove curry leaves and fill each squash with lamb mixture. Top with sour cream or yogurt and garnish with mint and pomegranate seeds before serving.
*Leftovers can be refrigerated up to 3 days or frozen