SugarRoti's Grilled Lamb & Cheese sandwich is an innovative update to an old American classic. Use our unique SugarRoti Lamb Nu Spice blend combined with 6 classic, fresh ingredients and 5 steps to create an unbelievably delicious gourmet grilled sandwich.
- 1 SugarRoti Lamb Nu Spice Package
- 1 cup water or ½ cup water if using slow cooker (or your favorite broth)
- 1 lb lamb shoulder, cut into ½ inch cubes (we like lamb shoulder but any cut will work great. Ask your butcher to cut meat into cubes.)
- 2 medium skin-on sweet potatoes, ½-inch sticks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or ghee (clarified butter)
- 8 slices sourdough bread (or your favorite sliced bread)
- 4 slices white cheddar cheese (or your favorite cheese)
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 medium serrano chili, finely chopped (remove seeds for a milder spice)
- ¼ cup fresh mint, chopped
Preheat Oven to 375°F
- Mix sweet potatoes with olive oil and 1 tablespoon of SugarRoti Lamb Nu Spice. Spread in an even layer on a baking sheet and roast until sweet potatoes are tender and roasted (15-25 min).
- While the sweet potatoes are roasting, heat oil over medium heat in a large pan. Add remaining SugarRoti Lamb Nu Spice package and sauté until spices are sizzling and fragrant (1-2 min).
- Add serrano, lamb and water. Cover and simmer until lamb is cooked. Remove curry leaves and using a fork, shred the lamb. Mix shredded lamb with its braising liquid and set aside until you are ready to assemble (you can braise lamb ahead) (25-30 min).
- Butter one side of each slice of bread. On the unbuttered side, layer ¼ cup of shredded lamb, a slice of cheese, and a sprinkle of mint. Top with the other slice of bread, with the unbuttered side facing in (5 min).
- Heat a large pan over medium heat and grill each side of the sandwich until bread is crispy and golden brown and the cheese is melted (5-8 min). Enjoy with sweet potato fries.
Slow Cooker Recipe
- Set aside 1 tablespoon of SugarRoti Lamb Nu Spice. Add remaining SugarRoti Lamb Nu Spice package, water, serrano, and lamb shoulder to a crock pot or slow cooker. Cook on medium heat until tender. Remove curry leaves and, using a fork, shred the lamb. Mix shredded lamb with its braising liquid and set aside until you are ready to assemble (you can braise lamb in advance) (3-4 hours).
- Follow steps 1, 4, and 5 above.
*Leftovers can be refrigerated up to 3 days or frozen