We’ve made rice pudding, already so good -- so much better with SugarRoti Gold Milk Nu Spice. Rice pudding has a long history throughout China and India. Sometimes called sweet rice porridge, it’s a simple dish of rice mixed with water, milk, or cream, and then sweetened before boiling. Sometimes dried fruits or fresh berries are added to the mixture. We’ve added the secret ingredient turmeric for delicious added taste and health benefits -- turmeric has long been used to treat inflammation, improve your mood and even help you sleep better.
You can replace milk with your favorite non-dairy alternative or water to make this a delicious, healthy vegan option.
- 1 SugarRoti Gold Milk Nu Spice Package
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 6 cups milk, divided
- ½ cup long grain white rice
- Sea salt, to taste
- Ground cinnamon
- In a large pot over medium-low heat, whisk together SugarRoti Gold Milk Nu Spice package, sugar, 5½ cups milk, and continue to whisk until boiling (8-10 min).
- Stir in rice and reduce heat to low, stirring occasionally. Mixture should thicken up to a consistency of yogurt (40 min).
- Refrigerate for about an hour, stir in ½ cup of milk – serve with a sprinkle of sea salt and cinnamon.
*Leftovers can be refrigerated up to 3 days or frozen