Our SugarRoti Fish Tacos are a fun and festive take on the simple delicious tacos you might find at a roadside stand in Baja, Mexico. Using SugarRoti Fish Nu Spice and 6 simple fresh ingredients, we’ve created an updated Mexican fish taco recipe that takes you to another level of spice and taste. Our SugarRoti Fish Tacos are a truly unique, healthy and delicious meal to share with friends and family.
- 1 SugarRoti Fish Nu Spice Package
- 2 ½ pounds fish (we like trout, halibut, or any mild white fish)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or ghee (clarified butter)
- 2 medium red or yellow bell peppers, seeded and sliced lengthwise
- 1 cup shredded cabbage or cole slaw
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 flour or corn tortillas
- shredded cheese, to taste
- sour cream, to taste
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
Preheat Oven to 250°F
- Wrap tortillas in foil and warm in oven. Meanwhile rub both sides of the fish with ½ of SugarRoti Fish Nu Spice and set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add remaining SugarRoti Fish Nu Spice package and sauté until spices are sizzling and fragrant (1-2 min).
- Add bell peppers and sauté until tender. Transfer peppers to a plate and keep warm until ready to assemble tacos (4-5 min).
- Increase to high heat and add remaining oil, cook fish on each side. Remove from heat. Using 2 forks, shred the fish and mix in bell peppers and lemon juice (5-8 min).
- Transfer to warm tortillas and garnish with cabbage, cheese, sour cream and cilantro.
*Leftovers can be refrigerated up to 3 days or frozen