Our favorite one pot dish - rice and fish together, and when you add our SugarRoti Fish Nu Spice, these simple ingredients become amazing - just like the dish found in West Bengal, India! Bright with a spot of color with peas to make this a delicious, healthy and beautiful dish to add to your table.
Enjoy with your favorite greens, with a roti (also known as chapati – a round flatbread from India) or by itself.
- 1 SugarRoti Fish Nu Spice Package
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or ghee (clarified butter)
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped (approx. 2 cups)
- 2 lbs frozen fish, cut into 1-inch cubes (we like trout or any mild white fish. Ask your butcher to cut into cubes)
- ¾ cup white rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 medium serrano chili, finely chopped (remove seeds for a milder spice)
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add SugarRoti Fish Nu Spice package and sauté until spices are sizzling and fragrant (1-2 min).
- Add onions and serrano. Sauté until onions are tender. Add rice and stir, scraping bottom of pan (4-5 min).
- Arrange fish, add peas and water. Cover, simmer until rice is cooked and fish is tender. (25 min).
- Sprinkle with lemon juice and garnish with cilantro before serving.
*Leftovers can be refrigerated up to 3 days or frozen