Our SugarRoti Fish Curry recipe is a nod to a traditional Kerala fish curry. A healthy, simple and delicious meal using your favorite fish plus 4 fresh ingredients. This one-pot Indian fish curry is great when cooking for friends or family.
Enjoy over rice, quinoa, couscous, greens, with a roti (also known as chapati – a round flatbread from India) or by itself.
- 1 SugarRoti Fish Nu Spice Package
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or ghee (clarified butter)
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped (approx. 2 cups)
- 1 medium tomato, finely chopped (approx. 1 cup)
- 1 ½ lbs fish, cut into 1-inch cubes (we like trout or any mild white fish. Ask your butcher to cut into cubes)
- ½ cup water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 medium serrano chili, finely chopped (remove seeds for a milder spice)
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add SugarRoti Fish Nu Spice package and sauté until spices are sizzling and fragrant (1-2 min).
- Add onions and serrano. Sauté until onions are tender. Add tomatoes and stir, scraping bottom of pan (4-5 min).
- Add fish and water. Simmer until fish is tender and cooked (5-7 min).
- Sprinkle with lemon juice and garnish with cilantro before serving.
*Leftovers can be refrigerated up to 3 days or frozen