We took this Barefoot Contessa original dessert recipe and SugarRoti-ized it! By adding the sweet earthiness of turmeric and warmth of black pepper, we minimized the sugar and maximized the flavor. Loaded with figs, this kicked up lemony ricotta cake delivers the perfect bite of jammy goodness. Easy to make and always delicious!
- 10 tablespoons (1 1/4 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 SugarRoti Gold Milk Nu Spice Package
- 1 cup fresh whole milk ricotta, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 8 large fresh figs, stems removed, quartered
- Sea salt, to taste
- Turbinado sugar for dusting
Preheat Oven to 375°F
- Butter and flour a 9-inch round springform pan (1 min).
- Place butter and sugar in a bowl and mix until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, until smooth. Add SugarRoti Gold Milk Nu Spice, ricotta, sour cream, vanilla, lemon zest and mix until combined (10 min).
- In a small bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. Slowing mix the dry ingredients to the batter, mixing until combined. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and arrange the figs on the cake, cut sides up. Sprinkle with sugar and bake until the top is lightly browned (35 - 45 min).
- Allow the cake to cool and serve warm.
*Leftovers can be refrigerated up to 3 days or frozen