Our SugarRoti Eggs & Peas Curry Recipe, also known as egg masala or anda masala, is a healthy update to a traditional Indian dish. With just a few simple fresh ingredients, you can quickly make this egg curry dish when you don’t have much on hand. Peas and the richness of the hard-boiled eggs together with the uniquely delicious flavor and layered spices of our SugarRoti Egg Nu Spice blend is amazing.
Enjoy over rice, quinoa, couscous, salad, with a roti (also known as chapati – a round flatbread from India) or by itself.
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, quartered
- 1 SugarRoti Egg Nu Spice Package
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or ghee (clarified butter)
- 1 medium yellow onion (approx. 2 cups), finely chopped
- 1 medium tomato (approx. 1 cup), finely chopped
- ½ cup water
- 2 cups peas (fresh or frozen, both work great)
- medium serrano chili, sliced or finely chopped (remove seeds for a milder spice)
- sour cream or yogurt, to taste
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- Hard boil the eggs:
- Place 4 eggs in a small saucepan, cover with cold water and bring a rolling boil over high heat
- Remove from heat and cover (15 min)
- Transfer eggs to a bowl of ice water (1-2 min)
- Peel eggs and cut into quarters
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add SugarRoti Egg Nu Spice package and sauté until spices are sizzling and fragrant (1-2 min).
- Add onions and serrano. Sauté until onions are tender. Add tomatoes and water and simmer until tender (10-15 min).
- Gently mix in peas, top with quartered hard-boiled eggs and spoon sauce over eggs. Simmer until eggs are warmed through (2-3 min).
- Remove bay leaf, cardamom pods, and cloves. Stir in sour cream or yogurt and garnish with fresh cilantro before serving.
*Leftovers can be refrigerated up to 3 days or frozen