Curried tofu in 30 minutes? Yes, please! This deliciously easy to make dish calls for tofu, onion, coconut milk and one packet of SugarRoti Tofu Nu Spice. The combination of perfectly balanced spices and caramelized onions brings out the best in this plant-based protein. Creating a depth of rich flavor that is both sweet and savory - it is a truly craveable vegan or vegetarian meal that will impress the most discerning palate.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or ghee (clarified butter)
- 1 SugarRoti Tofu Nu Spice Package
- 1 medium onion chopped (approx 2 cups)
- 1 cup roughly chopped walnuts or unsalted cashews
- 1 can 12 oz unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 lb tofu, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (or coconut aminos)
- 1 medium serrano chili, finely chopped (remove seeds for a milder spice)
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- Wrap tofu in paper towel and press between 2 plates to remove excess water.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add SugarRoti Tofu Nu Spice Package and sauté until spices are sizzling and fragrant (1-2 min).
- Add onion, serrano and sauté until caramelized. Combine walnuts at the end for 1 minute (8-10 min).
- Add coconut milk, stir and bring to boil. Reduce the heat to medium, mix tofu and cook (8-10 min).
- Remove chili pepper, stir in soy sauce and garnish with cilantro before serving.
*Leftovers can be refrigerated up to 3 days or frozen