We’ve used our SugarRoti Tofu Nu Spice, derived from a timeless Indian (Gujarati) blend to create this sweet, savory dish. This modern take on a traditional curry dish is adapted into this delicious vegetarian option with only three simple ingredients.
Make this dish vegan by using olive oil instead of ghee (clarified butter) and skip the honey.
Enjoy over rice, on a salad, with a roti (also known as chapati – a round flatbread from India) or by itself.
- 1 SugarRoti Tofu Nu Spice Package
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup water
- 20-24 oz extra firm tofu, cut into ½-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or ghee (clarified butter)
- 1 medium serrano chili, finely chopped (remove seeds for a milder spice)
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Wrap tofu in paper towel and press between 2 plates to remove excess water.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine SugarRoti Tofu Nu Spice package, serrano, honey and water. Gently coat tofu and marinade at room temperature (30 min).
- Heat oil in a large skillet over high heat. Cook marinated tofu, gently flipping halfway through, until each side is crispy and golden (10-15 min).
- Remove chili pepper and garnish with cilantro before serving.
*Leftovers can be refrigerated up to 3 days or frozen