For this delicious one-pot meal, we’ve taken savory, most comforting tomato soup and transformed it by adding our SugarRoti Vegetable Nu Spice blend. Only 4 ingredients and 4 simple steps, you’ll have a healthy, homemade SugarRoti Creamy Tomato Soup on the table in under an hour.
Tomato soup is a particular and quintessentially American comfort food, especially when eaten with a grilled cheese sandwich. We agree, and highly recommend pairing SugarRoti Creamy Tomato Soup with our SugarRoti Grilled Lamb & Cheese Sandwich -- the ultimate culinary comfort experience, where comfort food meets extraordinary flavor and taste.
Make this soup vegan by using olive oil instead of ghee (clarified butter) and a dairy alternative.
- 1 SugarRoti Vegetable Nu Spice Package
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or ghee (clarified butter)
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped (approx. 2 cups)
- 3 14 oz cans whole tomatoes (approx. 5 cups)
- 1 cup water (or your favorite broth)
- ½ cup heavy cream
- medium serrano chili, finely chopped (remove the seeds for a milder spice)
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add SugarRoti Vegetable Nu Spice package and sauté until spices are sizzling and fragrant (1-2 min).
- Add onion, serrano and sauté until tender. Add tomatoes, water, cream and stir, scraping bottom of pan (4-5 min).
- Bring the soup to a boil over high heat, breaking up the tomatoes with the back of a spoon. Reduce the heat to moderate and simmer (10-15 min).
- Remove chili pepper. Working in batches, transfer the soup to a blender or using an immersion blender puree until smooth. Garnish with cilantro before serving.
*Leftovers can be refrigerated up to 3 days or frozen