Crab Curry is a typical Indo - Portuguese dish found in Goa, along the west coast of India. You will also find it served in Mozambique, with its significant population of Goan emigres. It is a traditional and delicious easy Sunday night family dinner. SugarRoti Crab Curry is a nod to those family dinners. A big pot of crab curry, rice and warm, crunchy bread – a time to savor the end of the weekend together with family and friends. We made it easy to create this timeless Crab Curry dish, using SugarRoti Fish Nu Spice and only 5 fresh ingredients, 4 steps and ready in 40 minutes so you can spend more time savoring friends, family and SugarRoti Crab Curry. And yes, you are going to be licking your fingers…
Enjoy over rice, quinoa, couscous, with warm crunchy bread, a roti (also known as chapati – a round flatbread from India) or by itself.
- 1 SugarRoti Fish Nu Spice Package
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or ghee (clarified butter)
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped (approx. 2 cups)
- 1 medium tomato, finely chopped (approx. 1 cup)
- 2 lbs crab, clean, remove anything that isn't meat and cut into quarters (Ask your butcher to cut into quarters)
- 1 ½ cup water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 medium serrano chili, finely chopped (remove seeds for a milder spice)
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add SugarRoti Fish Nu Spice package and sauté until spices are sizzling and fragrant (1-2 min).
- Add onions and serrano. Sauté until onions are tender. Add tomatoes and stir, scraping bottom of pan (4-5 min).
- Add crab and water. Simmer until crab is tender and cooked (10-15 min).
- Sprinkle with lemon juice and garnish with cilantro before serving.
*Leftovers can be refrigerated up to 3 days or frozen