The Chicken Nu Spice blend used in SugarRoti Chicken Salad recipe is derived from a timeless Indian (Gujarati) blend. We’ve used it here to create a contemporary, healthy and unforgettably delicious update to a simple American chicken salad. You’ll never go back to ordinary chicken salad again.
Enjoy on sliced ciabatta, sourdough or any bread of your choice, over a bed of greens, with a roti (also known as chapati – a round flatbread from India) or by itself.
- 1 SugarRoti Chicken Nu Spice Package
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or ghee (clarified butter)
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped (approx. 2 cups)
- ¼ cup celery, chopped
- ½ cup mayo
- 3 cups rotisserie chicken, cut into ½ inch cubes
- 1 medium serrano chili, sliced or finely chopped (remove seeds for a milder spice)
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add SugarRoti Chicken Nu Spice package and sauté until spices are sizzling and fragrant (1-2 min).
- Add onions, serrano and sauté until tender, scraping the bottom of the pan (4-5 min).
- Transfer onion mixture to a large bowl and allow to cool. Remove chili pepper, bay leaves, cardamom pods, cinnamon sticks and cloves (10 min).
- Mix in chicken, mayo, celery, parsley, lemon juice and serve.
*Leftovers can be refrigerated up to 3 days or frozen