While any time of year is a good time for a slice of warm SugarRoti Chai Pumpkin Bread dessert – the colors and flavors of autumn make anything pumpkin even better. Enjoy it with your morning coffee, treat yourself to an afternoon snack or wow your friends and family with SugarRoti Chai Pumpkin bread for dessert -- a la mode with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Delicious!
- SugarRoti Chai Nu Spice Package
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup butter (room temperature)
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ cups canned pumpkin puree
Optional Crumble Topping:
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter (keep chilled so easy to chop into small pieces and mix into the crumble)
- 1/2 cup walnuts or pecans, finely chopped (optional)
Preheat Oven to 350°F and lightly grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- In a medium pot bring water and SugarRoti Chai Nu Spice Package to a boil. Turn off heat and let tea steep for 15 minutes. Pour through a fine mesh strainer into a small bowl and set aside to cool. (15 min)
- Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugars until smooth (5 min).
- Add eggs one at a time, mix to combine (5 min).
- Mix together flour, baking soda, pumpkin puree and SugarRoti Chai; combine until smooth batter (5 min).
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan (if including the optional Crumble, sprinkle on top) and bake until golden brown (50 min).