A delicious take on a timeless favorite pie. Incorporating the unique flavors and perfectly balanced spices in our SugarRoti Chai Nu Spice blend gives this apple pie a surprising and truly delicious taste. Our SugarRoti Chai Apple Pie may well become your friends’ and family’s new favorite dessert.
Our spices and recipes reflect a creative, contemporary, healthy, approach to cooking. They break down cultural culinary assumptions and create a fun, innovative, healthy way to spice up all your favorite recipes.
- 1 SugarRoti Chai Nu Spice Package
- 2 cups apple juice
- 2 lbs apples (we prefer Honeycrisp or Pink Lady, but any of your favorite crisp and sweet apples will do)
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 (9-inch) frozen pie crusts, thawed (or make your own)
- 1 egg, beaten
preparationPreheat Oven to 425ºF
- In a medium pot over medium heat, bring apple juice and SugarRoti Chai Nu Spice package to a boil. Pour through a fine mesh strainer and set aside (5-10 min).
- Peel and slice apples, toss them in a bowl with lemon juice to keep from browning (15-20 min).
- Combine apples, apple juice-chai blend, brown sugar, butter in a large pot and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer, stirring frequently, until apples are just soft. Transfer ¼ cup of the warm apple liquid from the pot to a small bowl, add cornstarch and whisk until completely dissolved (30-40 min). Stir the mixture back into the pot and continue to simmer over medium heat for a few minutes until the filling begins to thicken.
- Roll out 1 pie crust over a 9-inch pan; pour the filling and press the other crust over the top. Cut a small, shallow slit in the top. Gently brush the top with beaten egg. Bake until the crust is golden brown (30-40 min).
*Leftovers can be refrigerated up to 3 days or frozen