Take the traditional Indian kichiri, replace traditional rice with cauliflower rice and create a warming, mellow delicious combination with our SugarRoti Kichiri Nu Spice. Add some heat with the addition of serrano chili, or leave it out. Either way, our Cauliflower Rice Kichiri recipe will warm you up with a satisfying simple update to rice and beans any time.
Pair with SugarRoti’s Potato, Tomato, & Onion Curry, another of your favorite SugarRoti curries, or by itself.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or ghee (clarified butter)
- 1 SugarRoti Kichiri Nu Spice Package
- 2 cups cauliflower rice
- 1 cup dry split mung beans or yellow split beans
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 2 cups water
- serrano chili
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add SugarRoti Kichiri Nu Spice package and sauté until spices are sizzling and fragrant (1-2 min).
- Add cauliflower rice and beans and sauté. Add tomato, water, stir and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until rice and beans are tender (20-30 min).