SugarRoti Beef Shepherd’s Pie recipe is a creative take on the traditional shepherd’s pie or cottage pie. Using our delicious SugarRoti Beef Nu Spice blend, our recipe blends English, Irish and Indian culinary tradition into a uniquely flavorful, healthy dish.
This satisfying and economical meal is made with fresh simple ingredients for a dish your friends and family will love and ask for again and again.
- 2 medium potatoes skin-on, cut into 1-inch cubes (approx. 3 cups)
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup half & half
- 1 SugarRoti Beef Nu Spice Package
- 3 tablespoon olive oil or ghee (clarified butter)
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped (approx. 2 cups)
- 1 medium tomato, finely chopped (approx. 1 cup)
- 1 lb ground beef
- ½ cup frozen peas
Preheat Oven to 375°F
- Place potatoes in a large pot with 3 cups of water. Boil potatoes over medium heat until fully cooked. Drain, add butter and half & half, and mash until smooth. Set aside until ready to assemble (10-15 min). (can be made ahead).
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add SugarRoti Beef Nu Spice package and sauté until spices are sizzling and fragrant (1-2 min).
- Add onions and sauté until tender. Add tomatoes and stir to blend, scraping the bottom of the pan. Add ground beef and sauté until the beef is cooked. Remove chili pepper, bay leaves, cardamom pods, cinnamon sticks and cloves (10-15 min).
- Add frozen peas and stir to combine. Pour the curry beef filling into a 9x13 baking dish and spread the mashed potatoes over the curry mix to the edges.
- Bake until bubbling (8-10 min). With the pie still in the oven broil until potatoes are golden brown (1-2 min).
*Leftovers can be refrigerated up to 3 days or frozen