Warm chai spices plus earthy, sweet pumpkin make for an unforgettable remix of the classic sugar cookie dessert recipe you'll want to bake all year long. This seasonal recipe makes delicious pumpkin sugar cookies spiced with the authentic warming Chai Nu Spice blend. Just the right amount of sweet and everyone in your family will love them. Easy to make and perfect for fall and winter!
- 1 packet SugarRoti Chai Nu Spice
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 stick of butter (8 Tbsp), softened
- 1/2 cup pumpkin purée
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp of each sugar, brown sugar and cinnamon for topping
- 3 Tbsp softened butter
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp Heavy Cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
Preheat oven to 375F
- Combine flour, baking soda & powder, SugarRoti Chai Nu Spice and salt.
- In a separate bowl beat together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg, pumpkin and vanilla and mix.
- Gradually add in flour mixture until well combined.
- Roll into small balls and roll into mixture of sugar, cinnamon and brown sugar.
- Slightly press down onto the cookies so that they are flattened. Bake for 10 minutes until the dough has set around the edges.
- Remove from the oven and allow them to cool.
- For the glaze, mix together softened butter, brown sugar, vanilla and heavy cream. Mix until well combined and chill for at least an hour.
- Dip the cooled cookies into the glaze and sprinkle a bit of cinnamon on top.