Creamy and cheesy layers of potatoes spiced with savory Indian flavors make this classic French potato gratin deliciously addictive. This easy-to-make dish is perfect for party occasions or a simple weeknight dinner! The potatoes are perfectly roasted on the outside and super creamy on the inside, and the balanced aromatic SugarRoti Indian spices add a lovely savory flavor.
- 1 SugarRoti Potato Cauliflower Nu Spice package
- 5 Russet potatoes peeled and thinly sliced (1/4 inch)
- 2 1/2 cups Heavy Cream
- 2 Tbsp butter (or ghee - clarified butter)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Gruyere cheese for topping
- Chives for serving (chopped)
Preheat oven to 375F
- Assemble the cream mixture by melting 2 Tbsp of butter or ghee in a pan. Add SugarRoti Potato Cauliflower Nu Spice and mix until well combined. Pour in cream and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Turn off heat and begin to assemble potatoes in a baking dish. Fan out potatoes in an even layer and pour cream sauce on top. Add parmesan cheese and repeat the process until the pan is full.
- Pour the remaining cream on top until pan is halfway full. Cover and bake for 1 hour.
- Remove pan from the oven and grate Gruyere cheese on top until the potatoes are completely covered. Place into the broiler for 5 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve with fresh chopped chives.