Having a hard time figuring out what appetizer to make? SugarRoti's ground turkey pockets to the rescue, it is where India meets Thanksgiving.
- 1 SugarRoti Chicken Nu Spice Package
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or ghee (clarified butter)
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped (approx. 2 cups)
- 1 medium tomato, finely chopped (approx. 1 cup)
- 1 pre-made pie crust, rolled out to 1/4 inch and cut into 4x4 inches
- 1 medium serrano chili, finely chopped (remove seeds for milder spice)
- 1/4 cup cilantro
Preheat Oven to 475°F
- Heat oil in a large saucepan or over medium heat. Add SugarRoti Chicken Nu Spice package and sauté until spices are sizzling and fragrant (1-2 min).
- Add onions, serrano and sauté until tender. Add tomato and ground turkey and brown. Remove whole spices (10-15 min).
- Scope spoon-full into each pie crust square and seal into pockets (5 min).
- Bake until pockets are golden brown. Garnish with cilantro and serve (7-10 min).
*Leftovers can be refrigerated up to 3 days or frozen