Give brussels sprouts a delicious update with our SugarRoti Gnocchi & Brussels Sprouts recipe. Our creative take on this simple, savory and healthy American dish combines SugarRoti Potato Cauliflower Nu Spice with 7 fresh ingredients and 5 simple steps. SugarRoti Gnocchi & Brussels Sprouts is a remarkably delicious meal for friends and family - you will never want to eat brussels sprouts without the amazing flavor and layered spices and heat of our SugarRoti spice blend.
Make this dish vegan by using olive oil instead ghee (clarified butter), a cheese alternative, and skip the honey.
- 1 SugarRoti Potato Cauliflower Nu Spice Package
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or ghee (clarified butter)
- 1 lb brussels sprouts, trimmed and quartered
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest, thick strips
- 1 18 oz package potato gnocchi (either fresh or shelf-stable packaged gnocchi work great)
- 6 tablespoons butter
- ½ teaspoon honey
- grated parmesan cheese, to taste
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large skillet over medium/low heat. Add SugarRoti Potato Cauliflower Nu Spice package and sauté until spices are sizzling and fragrant (1-2 min).
- Add brussels sprouts in a single layer and scatter lemon zest on top. Cook, without stirring, until brussels sprouts are tender and lightly browned. Transfer to a medium bowl and set aside (5-7 min).
- In the same skillet over medium/low heat add remaining 1 tablespoon oil and gnocchi. Cook covered, until gnocchi is golden brown on one side (2-4 min).
- Mix in butter and honey to coat and cook until butter is golden brown and foaming (1-2 min).
- Remove chili pepper and carefully mix in brussels sprouts. Garnish with parmesan before serving.
*Leftovers can be refrigerated up to 3 days or frozen